Pages

Affiliate Program ”Get Money from your Website”
Loading

Shane Black Close to Directing Iron Man 3

  I'll bring up that Black's one of the commandos in PREDATOR every time I write about him.Shane Black Close to Directing Iron Man 3: "

I'll bring up that Black's one of the commandos in PREDATOR every time I write about him.
A lot of Comic Vine maniacs were deeply concerned when Jon Favreau announced he wouldn’t be returning to direct IRON MAN 3. It seemed like an impossible hand to match, so I’ve got to say I’m pretty impressed by this Ace Marvel was able to pull out of their sleeve. Talks of Shane Black writing and directing IM3 have been up for a while, but Deadline says that the deal’s pretty damn
close to getting locked in (though it's less certain whether Black will be writing this, too.)
Black is one of the absolute titans of action movie business, having scripted the likes of LETHAL WEAPON and THE LAST BOY SCOUT and reigned for years as the single highest paid screenwriter. Recently, he’s turned to directing with the obscenely-underrated KISS KISS, BANG BANG —a buddy noir that starred Robert Downey Jr. on the cusp of his big comeback. It’s a smart move to keep the actor interested in returning to the franchise as I’m sure they already have a great working relationship.
More than anything, I’m just downright intrigued to see a Marvel movie handled by a talent whose worked I’ve studied for years; one who comes from sphere of the biz that’s separate but still related. If superhero movies have replaced straight-up action flicks, then it's certainly appropriate for Black to migrate in that direction, too. Were this deal to go through, however, I’m sure it would mean that his other comics-related directing gigs - - the feature film adaptations of DEATH NOTE and DOC SAVAGE - - would fall the wayside.
"

ME HERO DYD